Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Interesting couple of weeks...

 Well the Baby Shower went well. We had around 25 people come visit us (mostly family) and it was great to see everyone! My best friend, Ashlee, surprised me by coming into town from Florida and spending a few days with us. We hadnt seen each other since the wedding so it was SO great to see her again! I am very lucky to have such amazing friends. We got some of the stuff we needed for the baby but we still have some stuff to buy. One thing is certain, this baby wont need new clothes for a long while. We are very blessed to have supportive people around us. I think Brad's favorite gift came from Adam and Carrie. They gave us a Realtree Onesie. Its the perfect camo onesie he has been looking for. Im sure as soon as he fits in it, whenever daddy gets to dress him, thats what he will be wearing. Brad's parents made the 2.5 hour trip to visit as well. It was great for them to come and spend that time with us. It was definitely fun.

Starting the following Thursday (the 18th), I started having some timetable Braxton-Hicks contractions (practice ones). They didnt hurt at all but they were coming every 12 min. I woke up the next morning to go to work and they were still 12 min apart but this time they were a little painful. So I went to work, drank lots of water and called my doctor. They said if they were the same in about 30 min or so, to go to the hospital. Well I drank enough water to get the pain to go away but they were still happening every 12 min. So around 7:00 that night, they were still going on and we called the doctor again to see if we needed to worry at all. They told us to make the 20 min trek to the hospital to make sure everything was alright. So Friday night around 7:30 we got to Williamson Medical Center (where Baby Abel will be born) to get checked out. I just have to say that WMC is AWESOME! They had us registered and up on the Labor and Delivery floor in 15 min. Anyway, they hooked me up to all the monitors and, sure enough, I was having painless contractions every 12 min. The nurses were so sweet and really took care of me. 2 bags of IV fluids and 2 shots of terbutaline (a shot to stop preterm contractions) later, we got to go back home. We spent about 4 hours there total and the contractions had spaced out to every 25 min or so. Im still having them and they are still painless. They arent making me dilate or anything so everything is fine for now. We went to the doctor yesterday and spoke with her about it. She said that as long as I can manage with rest and hydration, I should be fine. I cant have more than 6 in an hour. She also said that as long as I can make it 2 more weeks, they will let me go into labor and have the baby. Which is good! They think he is healthy enough to make it but scary because 2 weeks is REALLY close and we REALLY arent ready yet.

Our hospital visit and doctor visit really got us thinking about what we need to do. We have now started talking about hospital bags and when to install the car seat and so on. We actually have just about everything to bring him home. I cant think of anything else we need ASAP. I think we can wait for a little bit after he is born for almost everything else. I am going to look through our registries and make sure Im not missing anything. I know we need the first aid kit and thermometer. I would like the Boppy but I can use a regular pillow at first if need be. I would also like the Diaper Genie but thats not a necessity...more of a want :). Brad can also head out and get last minute things if he comes early and unexpectedly. We have a car seat to take him home, a place for him to sleep, diapers, wipes, and clothes to wear. Everything is good :).


How far along? 34 Weeks

Total weight gain/loss: 30 lbs...Only gained 3 lbs from my last appt :)

Sleep: Sleeping fine...just getting up 3-4 times a night to pee.

Best moment this week: Knowing that everything is good to go after the hospital visit

Movement: Lots of stretching (glad he isnt kicking...it would hurt :))

Food cravings: Cherry Limeades from Sonic...sometimes pizza but I dont indulge that craving :)

Gender:  Boy

Belly Button in or out? Out

What I miss: Not having heartburn

What I am looking forward to: 4d Ultrasound on Friday with the Abel's!!

Milestones: Only 6 weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment